From Study to Work Permit

If you’re an international student who wants to stay in Canada and work after your studies, you may be eligible for one of a number of post-study work permits.

However, acquiring the right one can be a challenge. It’s best to hire a qualified immigration consultant who can guide you through the process.
Spouse or Common-Law Partner

The Canadian government offers a variety of benefits to international students, including open work permits for spouses or common-law partners who wish to stay in the country with their student partner. A spousal open work permit (SOWP) is particularly useful because it allows the spouse or common-law partner to take any job with any employer.

The SOWP is available to international students who have a study permit, and it’s valid for the same period as the study permit. If you’re interested in applying for a SOWP, speak with a qualified immigration consultant to learn more.

Brampton Consultants can help you navigate the process of acquiring a spousal open work permit, whether you’re an international student bringing your spouse or common-law partner with you to Canada, or if your spouse or partner has already obtained a work permit in Canada. We can guide you through all of the necessary steps to apply for an SOWP, including ensuring that all the required documents are provided and submitted correctly.

We also provide support through the online application process, helping you answer questions about your personal details, your relationship and your partner’s work or study permit. Then, we’ll generate a personalized document checklist for you to ensure that your application is complete and all the documents are in order.

Having an RCIC to guide you through the SOWP application process can help you avoid delays, rejections and complications. We can provide a 15-minute consultation, application review or full representation to prepare your SOWP.

Royal Canadian Immigration Consultancy Services, located in Brampton, has a reputation for excellent service and responsiveness, which is why many clients recommend it. The team responds to inquiries almost immediately and even meets their clients at the airport.

Sandeep Singh, a licensed immigration consultant in Brampton with this company since 2019, says that they offer a wide range of services, from visa advice to permanent residency. He and his team offer expert advice on tourist permits, study visas, express entry, and business visas.

The team at Royal Canadian Immigration Consultancy Services is well-versed in all aspects of immigration law, and they’re proud to say that they are one of the most trusted firms for immigration applications. With 13 offices abroad, a strong online presence, and more than 2,800 satisfied clients, you can be confident in your decision to work with this firm.

If you’re an international student, your dependents may be eligible to come to Canada as visitors, students or workers. They can apply to study or work in Canada when you make your initial study permit application from abroad, or they can apply separately when they arrive in Canada to join you.

If your dependents are studying or working in Canada, they will need to have a valid passport to enter and remain in the country. They must also request a visitor record when they arrive in Canada. This will allow them to stay for the same length of time as your study permit. If they arrive without you, they can apply for a study permit or work permit once they’ve arrived and met all other requirements.

The IRC defines a dependent as someone who relys on you for support, such as food, clothing or housing. You can claim a person as a dependent as long as they meet certain relationship, age, residence and financial support tests.

Your child, stepchild, foster child, adopted or eligible foster child and a descendent (for example, your grandchildren) are all qualified as dependents. Your son-in-law, mother-in-law, parents and grandparents could also qualify.

Other relatives aren’t required to live with you in order to qualify as a dependent, but they must meet the relationship test. This means they must be a member of your household for the entire year and their taxable income must be very low–no more than $4,400 in 2022.

In addition to your child, your other qualifying relative includes your spouse, parent or legal guardian, in-laws and siblings. They must be a member of your household for at least half the year and they must meet the other relationship, age, residence and financial support tests.

In addition, if you’re married, you can claim your spouse or partner as a dependent provided that the two of you are a qualifying relationship and the person provides at least half of your financial support. They must be a citizen or national of the United States, or have a Social Security number.
Post-Graduation Work Permit

Depending on the length of your study program and your country’s immigration laws, you may be able to apply for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP). The PGWP is one of Canada’s most popular pathways towards Canadian permanent residence and allows international students to stay in Canada after graduation.

Graduates who have obtained a post-graduation work permit can work in Canada for up to three years after they graduate. This program can help them transition to permanent resident status and gain valuable Canadian work experience.

The process of obtaining a PGWP is simple and straightforward. The key is that you have to meet certain requirements. You must have completed your studies at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).

DLIs are institutions that have been designated by IRCC to offer international students the opportunity to study in Canada. They are recognized by the government as providing high-quality education to foreign students who wish to pursue a career in Canada.

As a result, graduates who have studied at DLIs are eligible to apply for a PGWP. To find out which schools are eligible for the PGWP, check the DLI list.

After you’ve received your official letter of completion or transcripts from a DLI, you have 180 days to apply for a PGWP. This can be done online or on paper.

In addition to the PGWP, it is also possible to apply for a Co-op work permit while you’re studying. This permit will allow you to complete a work placement, usually in the same industry as your field of study, to receive a certificate or degree from that employer.

Getting a Co-op or internship work permit is an excellent way to get a foot in the door in the Canadian workforce and can be a huge advantage in your job search after you’ve graduated. Your university or college should be able to provide assistance in this process.

As a result of your work experience, you’ll have a better understanding of the Canadian business and employment landscape. Having this knowledge can make you more marketable in your job search, and it’ll help you secure a higher salary.
Open Work Permit

A work permit is a key component of an immigration application, and it can be a confusing process to navigate if you’re not familiar with the rules. If you’re a foreign national interested in working in Canada, an expert can guide you through the process, including choosing the correct permit type for your situation.

The most popular type of permit is the open work permit. These permits are LMIA-exempt and allow you to work for any employer in Canada, in any province. Moreover, an open work permit comes with many benefits that make it the best choice for most foreign nationals who plan to work in the country long-term.

An open work permit also allows you to bring your spouse and dependent children to the country if they are eligible for a dependent work permit. This is a great way for your family to experience life in Canada.

There are several types of open work permit and the criteria for selecting one varies greatly depending on your circumstances. A good immigration lawyer will be able to recommend the right type of permit for your situation.

If you’re an international student or skilled worker interested in working in Canada, talk to an experienced Canadian immigration lawyer about your options. They can help you make the right decision and ensure that you don’t waste your time and money on a bad move. They will be able to guide you through the process from study to work and beyond, so that you can make your dream of living in Canada a reality.

Written by Shahroz Afzal

Le nouveau maillot Nike Paris Saint Germain

Small Size, Big Power: The Endless Convenience Brought by Mini Chainsaws